We all have those crazy, crappy moments. We’ve all been hurt, we’ve all tried to pick ourselves up from whatever dust we are in. And though we’ve experienced pain, in the end, we know it is for the better.
I’m not happy with all the crap I have had to endure, but I am beginning to acknowledge that I am stronger for it. I’ve grown, changed, learned, fought, won, and loss. I’ve been hurt, but never broken, beaten but never defeated and I know I will never give up. I’ve gained the strength to carry my heart on my sleeve and learned how to put it’s pieces back together. The past doesn’t hold me any longer I can now face any future with a level of determination I did not possess when I was younger.
I want people to see that there is a way out, in their own time, and in their own way. That the road rarely ends at one dark point. What keeps us going is hope.
To sum up, I suppose, I’ve learned that situations can make life seem very black and not worth living, but getting through those dark valleys proves that life will continue, for better or worse. The struggles and obstacles that seemed insurmountable and unacceptable before have been gotten through and are now behind me.
I do hate my dark past, but the funny thing of it is… I am also grateful for it too. I couldn’t have been as strong, as I am now, without it.
- An Accidental Comeback: Reassembling Kitchens Of Distinction (thequietus.com)
- Insanity Management: A Story (highexistence.com)
- What Shoud I Believe in? (zazenlife.com)
- On Heartbreak And Why You Should Choose To Feel It All (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Recovery from mental and substance use disorders is possible – Hungry Horse News: Hungry Horse News (pluk.mt.typepad.com)
- Best Drug Rehabilitation’s New Video Highlights How Music Therapy Is… (prweb.com)
- Spiritual River Releases Infographic, “Addiction Treatment and Alcoholism Infographic” (prweb.com)