I have been nominated for the Liebster Award and I am over the moon .
I would like to thank Danny Libor from My Rants and Rambles . Thank you Danny for sharing an honest look into new beginnings, change and the struggle of “staying in the now”. A big thumbs up to you for the nomination . I definitely consider this recommend reading.
The Liebster Award highlights new blogs that have less than 200 followers.
This is a great way to pay it forward and expose people to new amazing blogs and give recognition to blogs that you like.
After being nominated, each nominee must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated; but you cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you
11 Random facts about me:
1. I play Snow Patrol to get me in the right state of mind when writing my unfinished book
2. I dream to live on a boat in the mediterranean and write .
3. I once shared an 4 hour limo drive with the rapper Ice Tea.
4. I lived 8 years, in Anchorage , Alaska.
5. When I was younger my nickname was Candi.
6. I crochet baby hats to relax and send them to various countries in need.
7. I was raised in The Bay Area, Oakland, California
8. I watch Investigation Discovery all day, everyday
9. I eat hot sauce with EVERYTHING .
10.The book Scar Tissue, by Anthony Kiedis is my ‘Do not relapse book.
Questions from D.Zucho:
1. What is your favorite TV show?
I would say hands down, Sons of Anarchy, or true crime on Investigation Discovery.
2. Where is one place you go that calms you down?
I like to ride my bike to the outside of Amsterdam and watch the boats go by .
3. Coffee or Tea?
Definitely Tea, I drink Green Tea all day long .
4. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
Being bipolar and struggling to stay sober , it could go either way.
5. Favorite Disney movie?
I would say Finding Nemo. Cool flick .
6. Do you believe in love at first sight?
That would be a big Yes! There’s nothing like it .
7. Why did you decide to start blogging
It was during a manic phase combined with substance abuse , I was diagnosed with
Bipolar , the addict part I knew . It was then that I read my first blog while googling
bipolar. I was so impressed how this person shared so openly their daily struggles .
I was hooked and soon after started my own .
8. Who is someone you look up to?
The first thought would be my mother. She came to America, me in tow . She suffered
years of physical abuse. I watched her struggle as a single parent in a strange country.
From learning to drive, opening her first bank account , building a home for us kids and
to becoming a successful career woman who is comfortable in her own skin. Yes, no
doubt my mother .
9. What type of superpower would you want to have?
Turning back the hands of time . Allowing me to avoid the bad choices that comes with
10.Right now, if you had a chance to travel anywhere and money was not an option, where
would you go?
Home to my family . Bad choices led to my deportation 17 years ago.
11.What is one goal that you have that means a lot to you?
Learning to forgive myself and others. It has allowed me to forward.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is is your favorite food ?
2. Fiction or non Fiction ?
3. What do you get personally out of blogging ?
4. If you were able to help one charity financially, what charity would you help?
5. Describe yourself in 5 words or less.
6. You have been invited to talk with Oprah. what would you discuss?
7. What music do you listen too?
8. Favorite time of the year?
9. Cats or dogs ?
10.What do you do to relax?
11. What country would you like to visit?
Thanks everyone for visiting my blog, Your support has helped me a great deal during some tough times. Reading your blogs, I came to understand that we all share a common bond. We each have a story. Speaking for myself, by sharing it has allowed the healing process to begin. I thank you all.
I am proud to be part of this community.